When you hear the term “Home Automation,” you might easily think that such a thing is only viable for people with modern looking houses and lots of money. What you might not realize is, as long as you have the major components for home automation and a little knowledge about wiring and computers, you can actually automate your home.
Why should you consider automating your home and what benefits will you and your family gain from such a move? Home automation has gotten a bad rap from some people seeing it as a lazy man’s paradise, and you cannot actually blame some people for this outlook. Having your system make coffee, turn lights on and off as well as open and close windows without you lifting a finger may seem like something a lazy person may want.
What some people do not know is that home automation goes beyond the automatic on and off of HVACs, lights, and appliances. This particular system actually gives you a centralized way to get your house organized and protected. From timing your security systems to go on and off, to having lighting controls to simulate people being home when there is no one, to tell you that your fridge needs cleaning – all of these can be done with the use of a home automation system.
Of course, along with these comes the convenience of being able to program and automate certain tasks from one central command center (usually your computer or a tablet). Not only will you be able to set timers for your appliances and home systems to turn on and off, but you can also set certain specifics for these. You can set your HVAC unit to turn on and remain at a certain temperature up to a specific hour and change temperatures or turn off once that hour is reached. You can also set lighting brightness, window shade angles and the like with this particular system.
What a home automation system can actually do for you is more than just make things easier. It also helps save you time. Having your coffee ready for you in the morning, when you get up to go to work, is one less thing you have to make time for when you are in a rush. Another thing home automation gives you is added security and safety since you can monitor your home even when you are not there. Setting systems to turn on and off while you are not home can ward off prospective trespassers since such activity will make them think someone is home.
In the end, having a home automation system installed in your home is generally beneficial to you and your family. You cannot even say that it is an added expense since having such a system is considered a good investment, not really just an expense. It can even save you from the possibility of theft and losses.
9 Benefits Of Adding Technology To Your Home
Technology for home automation
As technology is updating every minute across the globe, its time, that we go ahead for the automation of our houses for complete security and luxury. Here are some tips on understanding the same.
The technology today offers us some luxuries and breakthroughs regarding the home devices, electronic gadgets, home appliances & the technological equipment. It makes all our tasks far simpler & also provides us with a lot of entertainment.
While you can not always have computers and robots to do the tasks that you must do by hand like cooking, some home automation systems have a different idea of life.
Several key features and functions can help us define the home automation system:
- Home automation enables us to control our homes with the help of electronic devices. The modern age technology enables us to make possible everything with a click of a button like turning on & off the heater and air conditioner, panning the surveillance cameras in the living rooms, or recording the favorite television shows from across the globe.
- Home automation systems work with three key components.
- Connection center
- Structured wiring
- A microprocessor that resembles the computer functions
- The professional installers install the structured wiring across the house at several hubs that are located in the connection center.
- Home automation system works on with the connection center as its nucleus. It connects numerous microprocessors that are further connected to a host of hubs.
- This microprocessor lets the homeowners operate several home electronic appliances & systems that are wired into this connection center using touch screens, remote controls, wireless keypads, internet, etc.
- One can use these controls from any part of the world irrespective of their distance from the house, especially, using the internet.
- Home automation technology has achieved many breakthroughs in the past few years. Its speed has enhanced to 100 mph while working 24/7.
- These systems have made many tasks of our lives simpler and quite less tedious. Here are some examples of the same.
- In the regular days, it was tough to monitor the daily chores as we always seem to forget something or the other. Now we can monitor every nook & corner of the house with the cameras, just be logging on to the internet right from our workplace itself.
- At a mere click, you know that the washing machine is on and would accomplish the task successfully. Then you can switch it off as you had switched it on from the office itself.
- You can switch on the air-freshener & air conditioner before you reach home to get a cozy home welcoming you with open arms.
- Prepare food right from the office or brew your coffee before you have reached home to have a hot sip as soon as you enter in.
- Home automation system also performs varied security tasks. Just set a timer on your television & lights, and they shall operate and get shut automatically in different time slots of the day giving an impression that people are residing in the house, while you are already off for a vacation.
- In case someone accesses the restricted areas of the house in your absence the emergency numbers would be informed automatically.
- Most of the users prefer the wireless home automation systems over the wired ones as the wiring it needs is very expensive and takes a lot of time to be installed.