With exponentially growing popularity, smart thermostats are a cost-effective and efficient way to enhance your HVAC system functionality.
Despite this, plenty of homeowners hesitate when finalizing their purchase. Most times, they aren’t sure whether a smart thermostat is a worthy investment. Here we discuss the top reasons why you should be looking for a smart thermostat:
What is a Smart Thermostat?
A smart thermostat refers to a smart home device that lets you monitor your home’s HVAC system with the help of your phone, speakers, tablet, or computer.
Otherwise known as a connected thermostat or communicating thermostat, you may devise a daily schedule for controlling your house’s temperature. Not to mention, certain futuristic thermostats let you solve pipe and boiler complications. These budget-friendly, smart home devices help you reduce your energy bill by a substantial amount.
Reasons to Look for a Smart Thermostat
A research study shows that 89% of all respondents rarely use their thermostats to set a program. Here we’ve compiled a few reasons you should acquire a smart thermostat:
1. Save Money in the Long Run
One great reason to get your hands on a smart thermostat is that it’s the perfect way to save money on annual bills. You may have to invest, but Nest Thermostat predicts you’ll save 10 to 12% lowering energy levels. Here’s how smart thermostats help you save money:
- Control your heating schedule better. Be it through the device or a smartphone, smart thermostats ensure you turn on heating only when necessary.
- Adjust the thermostat to a cozy temperature rather than overheating it.
- Smart thermostats allow you to set-up your geolocation. You can automatically turn off the thermostat every time you step outside your house.
- Get in-depth data charts on energy reports. Pinpoint areas that eat up most of your bills.
- Obtain tips on how to lower energy use.
- Troubleshoot issues arising in your pipes and boilers. Save money in the long run.
2. Ensure You’re on Schedule
Most thermostats feature a state-of-the-art learning characteristic. It means that the smart thermostat will:
- Switch off as you step outside your house.
- Change temperatures to best suit your needs according to the current weather.
- Remember your daily schedule to adjust the temperature before you reach the house.
- Quickly adapt to the changing temperature during the day to ensure maximum comfort.
3. It’s Stylish
Smart thermostats come in a plethora of different designs, comprising a variety of unique features. It means not only do you get to enjoy robust features, but you can also count on the thermostat to further beautify your room.
4. It’s Environmental Friendly
Smart thermostats are sure to attract eco-conscious people with their environmental-friendly features. The extensive reports provided by thermostats help you spot areas where you may be wasting energy. Thus, it helps you reduce energy usage.
5. Control Your Heating Remotely
Smart thermostats come with apps through which you can remotely control the temperature. With the help of this app, you may adjust the temperature before coming to the house. On the other hand, you may schedule the heating while you’re away on vacation.
Not just this, but smart thermostats send alerts and notifications about the current temperature, its rise, fall, and if your HVAC is performing well or not.
6. Compatible with Most Devices
Smart thermostats can easily connect with a variety of smart device platforms. It means you can link your thermostat with different home devices. You may even swap information between those devices. Or you may monitor devices through the thermostat app.
7. Easy Installation
Luckily, installing a smart thermostat doesn’t require any expert help. Here’s how you can easily install yours:
- First and foremost, disconnect the power supply towards the thermostat.
- Take off your previous thermostat cover to check the wiring.
- Look for a wire labeled as either ‘C’ or ‘common.’ Also, look for wires marked as ‘R’ ‘W’ ‘RC’ or ‘Rh.’
- Now, connect these wires to your new thermostat.
- Next, install the thermostat faceplate and restore power.
While these are general instructions for installing a thermostat, you’ll receive instructions from your manufacturers as well.
Contact us for a FREE Quote on your Home Security project.
Serving: Tampa Bay, St. Petersburg, Sarasota, FL.
Top 2 Smart Thermostats
Below we discuss our favorite programmable thermostats:
Nest Learning Thermostat
Monitor the temperature inside your home with the help of the Nest Learning Thermostat. Control how hot your water tank is by adjusting the temperature through the app. Enjoy your days off on vacation without any worries as this innovative program takes care of temperature levels.
Switch temperatures to save energy and earn leaves. Check the in-depth analysis of your energy consumption. Moreover, receive real-time advice and tips on how to lower energy usage. Benefit from the new farsight feature that lights up your thermostat for easy reading upon sensing your movement.
The best part? The Nest Learning Thermostat doesn’t forget your schedule and favorite settings. It means, after a week of usage, the smart thermostat adjusts accordingly. Plus, the app performs well with an array of HVAC systems.
Wyze Thermostat offers top-notch features at a cost-effective price. Use the Wyze Thermostat and set daily schedules. Moreover, collect thorough reports on your energy usage and how you can reduce it.
Enjoy adjusting the temperature remotely with the help of Wyze Thermostat’s awesome mobile app. Apart from that, use the convenient dial to change temperatures. Besides, the Wyze Thermostat is super easy to install. And in case you’re confused, you may click on the Wyze app to read easy-to-follow instructions.
The Bottom Line
Adding a smart home device is always a good idea, especially if it’s a smart thermostat. You can find a wide variety of brands in the market. Plus, each brand manufactures unique yet equally fantastic smart thermostats to cater to your unique smart home needs.